Am I eligible for a DSA Needs Assessment?


DSA Study Needs Assessments are available if the following apply to you:

  • You are currently living and studying in the UK.
  • You can prove you have a condition(s) that affects your ability to study (medical condition, sensory impairment, mental health condition, or specific learning difficulty).
  • You are studying full-time or part-time in one of the following:
  1. A first degree, for example BA, BSc or BEd
  2. A Foundation Degree
  3. A Certificate of Higher Education
  4. A Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE)
  5. A Higher National Certificate (HNC)
  6. A Higher National Diploma (HND)
  7. A Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE)
  8. A postgraduate course
  9. An Initial Teacher Training
  • Your course lasts at least one year
  • You qualify for student finance (you do not need to have a student loan to receive DSA).

You can check if you are eligible and apply for your DSA at

Recent Posts
Change Font Size
Contrast Colours