DSA Assessment Process
The assessment process is simple and straightforward. It typically takes between 1-2 hours to complete. All you need to do during your assessment is provide your assessor with as much information relevant to your approved condition as possible. This will then be used to decide what support is most suitable for you.
Some key points to remember:
- Try to arrive early; it is best to arrive about 10-15 minutes before your needs assessment.
- The assessment will be an informal but detailed discussion about how your approved condition(s) affect your studies.
- Your views will always be considered, and any recommendations we make will be guided by your preferences.
- Your assessor will take notes throughout the assessment. This will allow them to write a comprehensive needs assessment report to send to your funding body.
- There will also be a practical demonstration of the relevant equipment and software available, this will ensure that your recommendations are tailored to your needs
Learn about your DSA Entitlement Letter.